About Me

My photo
I love to write, I love to read. I love to sing and play with my daughter. I love to learn new things, I love profound thoughts and random ones. I like making new friends and love rediscovering old ones. Most of all I like quality and variety.

Wednesday 20 April 2011

Look what I got!





I feel like I've found a whole new world. Surfing some of the indie artisan crafters and beader shops I came across Pink Chihuahua Kisses . Susan McCormack who owns this store on Folksy makes the cutest clay pendants, buttons, frames, candle holders.

I was very excited to receive these pendants just two days after I made my purchase. I was worried they wouldn't look as nice in reality as they did on the web but I needn't have worried. They are so funky and nice and chunky.

I'm playing with ideas now ... thinking maybe a chunky watch or simple cord necklace. Any ideas? What would you match them with or make? I might even send one as the focal in a bead soup.

Will be getting buttons later on in the year to decorate some hand knitted hats for The Duckling (my daughter), nieces and nephews as part of my homemade christmas (oh yeah - still doing that!)
The best part about buying direct from the artist is that at a completely affordable price, I have 7 unique pendants. No-one in the whole world will ever have them. I find the idea and exciting and full of possibilities.


If you are in the market for something truly unique. Perhaps you're knitting a cardi, or want something a little different for your newest photo or some buttons for a knitted wire cuff. I truly recommend Pink Chihuahua Kisses.


If you are interested in handmade items of all descriptions I would definately recommend Folksy they are a website dedicated to promoting British handcrafted goodies, its free to register and for you British artists and crafters out there - free to set up shop. Best of all while the emphasis is on British arts and crafts you can sell to anywhere around the world and Folksy will display the local currency to your customer. If you want to look further afield check out ETSY . This has a wider array of products with sellers providing products that are handmade, vintage, retro and just plain funky. ETSY is an American site and has sellers and buyers from all over the world. Beaders who want a treat should plug in handmade beads or handmade lampwork into the search engine - my oh my - I've just bought some fabby pendants from there but I'll keep that for another post when I have some photos.


Now I'm off to get my sketch book to see what I can make with them!

2 comments: