About Me

My photo
I love to write, I love to read. I love to sing and play with my daughter. I love to learn new things, I love profound thoughts and random ones. I like making new friends and love rediscovering old ones. Most of all I like quality and variety.

Tuesday 8 February 2011

Countdown to Christmas



What I hear you ask is a butterfly hobbyist? ... I am ... well self proclaimed anyway. Basically I can't settle on any one hobby, there are so many I have tried or want to try so I flit from one to the other dependant on my mood.

So a la Kirsty Alsop, alongside my mother I have decided to have a completely homemade Christmas. Well pretty much. My daughter will get the usual Christmas goodies but alongside those I hope to present her with a decoupaged rocking chair, with homemade cushion and either a patchwork quilt or knitted afghan bedspread.
My Grans will get a breakfast hamper, filled with homemade Lemon Curd and Marmalade in hand painted/hand etched glass jars, homemade biscuits (that's cookies for my American audience). I'm going to search in boot sales, antique shops and charity stores for unique or individual china cups and saucers and add those. Or alternatively paint my own. Using Fimo and with a bit of practise I'll also try to decorate the handles of knife, fork, spoon and teaspoon. Of course it could all go horribly wrong and they'll end up with a couple of jars of soggy citrus fruit, biscuit shaped rocks and twisted cutlery.
Other projects I hope to take on are bath bombs, scented candles, soaps, jewellery making and mosaic.

Here on my blog I hope to point you in the direction of great shopping, review the products I'm using and basically chat a bit about the projects, without giving too much away to the lucky family members who are to receive my efforts, and count the months, weeks and days to Christmas 2011 and hope I reach my goal.

With at least 20 presents to make, 11 months to go and hundreds of crafts to try I'm in for an interesting year.

No comments:

Post a Comment